Others experiences taken from the web:
1. I only lurk here occasionally now - got pg with acu and Chinese herbs after 3IUIs and 1 IVF. We were out of $ and
I felt as though I'd been run over by a truck.
Continued with acu and added herbs. Made a big change in my cycle (longer
and heavier, sorry if TMI) and we were pg a few months later. Uneventful pregnancy and beautiful, healthy dd born 6/05. me
- 40 in 3 weeks, high fsh 20
2. I was TTC for over 2 years. I went to many different accupuncturists all Western so people who
were trained here in the states. I finally found an accupuncturist from China whoi had been doing it over 25 years & I
felt he really knew what he was doing. Very knowledgeable. I kept asking him for herbs & he siad not yet he wanted to
first do a month or two of treatment. Well after 2 months I got my first BFP. I never even did the herbs with him.I would
say really search for an accu. I'm bias to those from China/Asia. When I started accupuncture 2 years ago... the first accu.
put me on herbs & after a month I noticed changes in my AF, less clots, less cramps, bright red flow. Also herbs helped
bring back my CM.Herbs definitely help a lot & herbs w/ a great accupuncturist really HELP!
Good luck do not give up
3. I had a FSH of 13 when I showed up at my RE at the age of 41. It fluctuated to 15, 20 (and even 38 after the hormone
treatments!) over the course of a year. I had 3 cycles of injectible Gonal F (bfn), 5 IUI's (last one successful), went for
acupuncture, took DHEA, chinese tea and herbs, and P4 and baby aspirin after ovulation. I am 16 weeks PG right now.
4. I strongly recommend Randine Lewis' booked entitled The infertility cure" there is a great chapter on advaned maternal
age, and on acupressure. I now go for acupunture 2 to 3 times per week, take chinese herbs in additiont to the ones above.
My FSH ranges were 18 to 24 before I did all this; this cycle my day 3 FSH was 10!!!! Here's to hoping!